Pretty Heroes is a self-funded convention that operates similarly to a non-profit. All profits after our expenses are re-invested into the event for the future to help the event grow and give us the opportunity to run additional events beyond our annual convention.
Want to help us offset some of our expenses? Here are some ways you can contribute:
- Get a deal on webhosting with GreenGeeks (we receive $100 USD for new accounts)
- Get affordable domain/URL registration with NameSilo (we get a 10% commission on your first order)
- Donate to us on Ko-fi.
- Buy items on our Amazon wish list (or buy something for yourself on Amazon.ca or something from Amazon.com)
- Use our AirBNB referral code (you can get up to $62 in a credit and we can get up to $25 in a credit)
- Use our Square referral code (you can get $1000 free processing and we can get $1000 free processing)
- Use our Lyft referral code (you get up to $10 off up to five rides, we earn credits toward free rides)
- Use our Uber referral code (you get a discount and we get a credit)
- Save $10 on a shipment with a new Flag Ship account (we get a $25 credit for our next invoice)
- Sign up for PC Financial with our referral link (you get bonus points and we get bonus points that we can use toward food for our guests and crew)
- Sign up for a Journie membership for various gas stations using the referral code JR-GonsalvesEvk5 (you get a one time 2¢/litre discount and we get a one time 3¢/litre discount)
Sponsor Part of Our Convention or Donate Towards Specific Expenses:
- Prize sponsors (donate products that have been purchased or created by you or donate gift cards to stores such as Amazon, EB Games, Hot Topic, or DeSerres)
- Craft room sponsors (donate materials such as craft foam, hot glue sticks, button supplies, button press rental, and more)
- Food sponsors to help feed our crew (donate food/beverages or vouchers/gift cards to restaurants or a grocery store. Donated food items must be in sealed packaging with ingredients clearly labelled. Sorry, but we cannot accept home-baked goods due to liability concerns.)
- Advertising sponsors (spread the word about the event so we can continue bringing joy to the fandom community in Toronto)
- A/V sponsors (donate towards covering the cost of supplementary A/V rentals and hiring A/V tech persons)
- Paid advertising/sponsored posts on our social media. Please contact us for details. We reserve the right to decline any advertising that may not be a good fit with our event and/or our mission.
- Sponsor our storage expenses. When our convention isn’t running, we keep our supplies in secure storage.
Give Back to the Community
Giving back to the local community is important to us. As soon as we were able to give back, we started raising money for charity at the convention. In 2017, we raised funds for the OSPCA and made an additional monetary donation on behalf of the convention.
Since 2018, we donate to our charity partner, Sistering, contributing an additional donation beyond funds raised at the convention. We have chosen to partner with Sistering as it is a local charity organization that assists at-risk, female-identified and gender non-conforming persons in Toronto. In 2019, we raised $714 for Sistering and donated an additional $100 on behalf of the convention.
In 2020, we donated to Sistering as well as Moon Time Sisters, which collects and provides menstrual hygiene products to northern, primarily indigenous communities to ensure affordable access to menstrual hygiene products to everyone who needs them. We encourage fans who enjoy our events to donate to these organizations or other charities in their communities if they are able to do so.
If you would like to donate items to our charity fundraising efforts, we also appreciate all donations for that as well. Please clearly mark if your donations are for charity fundraising. New/unopened items are preferred. If you require a donation receipt for donated items or services, we will get you connected with Sistering or Moon Time Sisters per your preference of what your donation should benefit.